Bandar Imam Iron Ore Terminal
In order to import 8 million tons of iron ore per year, a new pier was built by Omran Falat in Bandar Imam Khomeini.
- Pier For 100'000 DWT bulk carriers
- Location: Bandar Imam Khomeini (N=30°25'30", E=46°05'22")
- Clinent: National Iranian Steel Co.(NISCO) / IRITEC
- Consulting engineers: SES, OGI pte.Ltd., Tazand, Faroor
- Deck: 304m x 26m
- Top of the deck : +7.5m from CD (chart datum)
- Dredged level: -15 m CD
- Dredging: 1'050'000m3
- Earthworks: 200'000m3
- Piling: 22'000m
- Formworks: 29'000m2
- Concrete: 70'000m3
The foundation of the pier consists of:
- 231 steel piles measuring 20m in length and 1.5m in diameter.
- 412 bored piles measuring 42m in length and 1.6m in diameter.
- 46 transverse pile caps measuring 23.8m in length, 2.8m in width and 1.4m in height.
- A 420m long front beam, 3.0m high and 2.2m wide, with 16 expansion joints.
The top deck beams and slabs are supported by piles and pile caps, consisting of:
- 120 pre-cast main beams 22.0m x 0.55m x 1.3m, installed on the pile caps.
- 42 transverse cast-in-situ beams 16.4m x 0.4m x 1.0m.